San Francisco’s Central Subway: Part II – Underground Stations
Central Subway Series
- Part I – San Francisco’s Central Subway and its Roots
- Part II – San Francisco’s Central Subway: Underground Stations
- Part III – Underground Stations: Top-Down Method and the Slurry Wall – Coming Soon
From Part I:
- “Tunnel Shields and the Use of Compressed Air in Subaqueous Works”, W.C. Copperthwaite, D. VanNostrand Co., 1906.
- “The Life of Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Civil Engineer”, by Isambard Brunel, Longmarsh, Green and Co., 1870.
- “The Pneumatic Dispatch, with Illustrations” by A.E. Beach, American News Co.,1868
- “Brunel’s Tunnel and where it led”, by Andrew Mathewson and Derek Laval, Brunel Exhibition Rotherhithe, 1992.
- “History of Tunnels”, by Patrick Beaver, 1972.
From Part II:
- The Ten Books of Architecture – Vitruvius, translated by Morris Hicky Morgan, Harvard University Press, 1914.
- Journal of Science and the Arts, Volume 17 Royal Institution of Great Britain, 1824.